Community

Reflections on a Woman’s History
Community

Reflections on a Woman’s History

By Susie Ling, Associate Professor at Pasadena City College We baby boomers were flying so high in the 1970-80s. I was so proud to be a feminist, and I shunned my mother’s limitations. My mother baked, ironed, and volunteered at my school. My mother made paper doll clothes with me, but I was going to…

Sierra Madre Cohousing Advocate Discusses Options to Age Well in Community
Community

Sierra Madre Cohousing Advocate Discusses Options to Age Well in Community

Learn about the Danish model of housing that develops sustainable, energy efficient, vibrant, progressive neighborhoods where active adults can thrive. This innovative model brings back an old-fashioned concept – a place where you know your neighbors.  Alexandria Levitt, gerontologist (USC) and housing advocate will discuss cohousing for adults 50 and older. The free presentation will…

SGV Alumnae Panhellenic Association Hosts Scholarship Fundraiser in Sierra Madre
Community

SGV Alumnae Panhellenic Association Hosts Scholarship Fundraiser in Sierra Madre

The San Gabriel Valley Alumnae Panhellenic Association is affiliated with the National Panhellenic Conference and seeks to advance interest in community and philanthropic efforts. On Sunday, March 24, at 2 p.m., the SGVAP is holding a scholarship fundraiser at the Sierra Madre Playhouse featuring a performance of “Tuesdays With Morrie,” based on Mitch Albom’s bestselling…

Sierra Madre Public Library Hosts Annual Youth Bookmark Contest
Community

Sierra Madre Public Library Hosts Annual Youth Bookmark Contest

Sierra Madre Public Library’s annual Bookmark Contest is featuring Sierra Madre’s history this year. Local students are invited to enter the annual Library Bookmark Contest starting March 1 entitled–Historic Sierra Madre. Students in grades K-8 are encouraged to find and depict historic locations, people, and events. Winning entries will be displayed in the library and…

Six New Recruits Join Sierra Madre Search and Rescue
Community

Six New Recruits Join Sierra Madre Search and Rescue

Sierra Madre Search and Rescue’s (SMSR) newest team members have begun to serve the team and respond to calls for help in the wilderness, but they still face a long and challenging training period. As new recruits, these four women and two men are designated as probationary team members until they complete the training process….

Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation Now Accepting Grant Applications
Community

Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation Now Accepting Grant Applications

New for 2019, three $25,000 grant awards The Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation (Foundation) is now accepting applications for its 2019 grant assistance program. Since its inception in 1983, the Foundation has invested over $3 million in more than 200 Pasadena-area organizations. The grant awards in 2018 totaled $200,000, which funded 33 organizations. The Foundation has…

1 2 3 4 10
E-Newsletter Sign-up!

ARTICLE CALENDAR
July 2019
M T W T F S S
« Jun